Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Miracles Happen

The recent weekend storm has brought snow, ice, and high winds everywhere. It has been difficult to navigate the streets, stores, and complete the shopping.

Sledding at Lovelace Park in Evanston was on the agenda for Saturday evening. The Park was dim, the Christmas Lights on the homes surrounding the park were lit, and the snow blowers could be heard in the distance.

The hill was not too busy and the snow was falling softly. Katie kept on saying it was a miracle to be out sledding. It felt great to be outside having fun.

As the evening was about to end, Katie was walking up the hill for the last time. While walking up, another saucer was moving right towards her. I yelled, but she was hit and cut down to the ground instantly. I gasped, I knew she was hurt.

Running down the hill to meet her, she jumped up, and started walking up the hill again. She was talking with the woman that knocked her over. No crying and no tears were a good thing. She started a conversation saying she was alright. Her conversation continued. 'I'm OK. I'm Katie Patton - you can call me Kate the Great. I'm here with my two brothers, and I have a dog named Rufus.'

Today, I keep thinking about how lucky we were last week.

The Miracle was God who walked along Katie as she traveled up the hill.

The same God walks with all of us as we face our hills everyday. When we think it's tough, we are not alone. We never are.


Grace & Peace

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment