Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

The Alarm on my wife's radio is set to music at 5 AM everyday. I also have an alarm clock on my side of the bed, and we both ignore them and keep hitting the snooze button. This morning, Sue was dialed into ESPN Sports Radio. I didn't know she was such a sports fan, but I enjoyed the talk show coming across the airwaves. All radio and television shows this day and next will focus on those who have left us this year. And that is was they started talking about - what famous sports greats had died this past year.. I hit the snooze button and got out of bed. Lot's of people have died this past year, I did not want to hear about the famous ones. To me, all of our loved ones who have left this world to live with Jesus are famous.


Live your life in the promise of eternal salvation, do God's work, and live forever in heaven. That qualifies for famous.

The morning continued. After writing a few checks and eating breakfast, Rufus needed to go for a walk. Just before reaching the mailbox at Ewing and Central, I took a slip and fall crossing the street. Rising up to my feet, a motorist asked if I was OK. I think so, some may argue differently, so I told the motorist that it was all good.

At the same corner as the mail box, which is across the street from Blockbuster, is the one and only Heaven Meets Earth Yoga studio. Once again, I went window shopping and read a lot of the things that Lisa places in her shop. One sign in particular caught my eye:

May the Long Time Sun Shine upon you

All Love surround you

And the pure light within you Guide your way

As we enter the new year, we will stumble and fall once in a while. Nothing is ever perfect. But the one constant in our life is the Son of God. The Pure Light of Jesus is within all of us, and He is waiting to Guide us every step of the way. Open your heart to his love, be filled with the Spirit, and create your little piece of Heaven right here on Earth. We can do it. Let the Light in.


Grace & Peace

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment