Friday, February 6, 2009

National Signing Day

Every day, the one section of the news paper that I pick up first is the Sports section. Always has been that way. Not that I don't read the whole thing, but for some reason I like sports first. The Chicago Tribune was no different than any other news paper in the country yesterday. It was National Signing Day for College Football recruits.

Colleges all across the country were so proud of their recruiting classes. Pictures of young men signing letters, putting on jerseys, and telling stories about how difficult the choices were. I stared at their faces, they are just kids.

As I sat there reading, I could not help but think that this small part of their life, the years they play college football, will be over before they know it. Then what?

Michael Phelps found out this week that when you stray off track, trouble finds it's when into your life.

As we send our kids off to school, I hope we can say they are playing on Christ's Team. We play forever, and the rewards are unlimited when we start every day at the foot of the Cross. He is our Coach and Mentor.

Have a great weekend playing with your Team.


Grace & Peace

Tim

** Happy Birthday Tom Dormin - 39 Yrs Old

No comments:

Post a Comment