Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Son & The Water

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

For some reason, all the children in 4th, 3rd, and 2nd Grade in our Parish received the Sacrament of Reconciliation this year. I did not bother asking why it was so early, I just went along with it. There comes a point in the ceremony when the child and the parents walk back to the Baptismal Waters and recite a prayer. We presented Joey with a cross on a chain and we blessed it. While Sue and I read the prayer together, I got caught off guard when reading some of the words. "At Baptism, you were blessed with water. Today, we bless this cross that Jesus may keep you safe, until you return to Him in eternal salvation.'

It has been 9 months since my father passed away. He looked forward to eternal salvation. I know he is happy. But I just was not ready to read it to our son, but I did because I knew it was the right thing to do.

I woke early today as a trip to the grocery store was in order. Yes, little Katie got the stomach flu last night. Every hour on the hour, my wife, a Saint at times like these, got up to comfort her. Driving East on Central Street towards Dominick's, the sun rise over the lake today was beautiful. The sun reflected off the small puffy clouds that seemed endless. The sun never ended.

Driving to work today, I put the two scenes together. Our relationship with Jesus is endless. He wants us near Him. The Sacrament, although earlier than usual, brings us closer to Christ, which is always a good thing.

The Son is also endless. We don't have to be near a lake to see Him. He is in every day, wherever we are.


Grace & Peace

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment